Shop & Stock Up Locally With Top Ten Wines
Shop & Stock Up Locally With Top Ten Wines
One of the best ways you can support your community in this season of staying home is to shop locally. When it comes to stocking up on wine, let Top Ten Wines serve you with special deals and a contact-free pick-up experience.
This wine shop in the heart of downtown Columbia, Mo has found new and creative ways to bring some normalcy to social distancing. Plus, passionate staff are still working hard to fuel the future of their business. First, take a look at some of the latest initiatives Top Ten Wines has taken to show up for its customers and how they continue to offer a premier selection of wines. Rest assured knowing that only one person is working in the shop and each bottle is sanitized as it enters and leaves the store.
Wine & Carry Out Specials
Best Wine Case Deals in Columbia, MoDay Drinking Case
Have plans this weekend? Yeah — neither do we! As the temperatures rise, make the most of a relaxing day off with some light favorites from Top Ten Wines. These easy-going selections are lower in alcohol content and easy to sip in morning mimosas or by the glass. This case contains a total of 12 bottles of rosé, white and bubbly wines for $120.
Core + 4 Case
Take home a variety of recent, fresh and ready-to-drink wines with this unique case. In each Core + 4 Case, you’ll find eight tried and true favorite bottles: four whites and four reds. In addition, you’ll receive four premium wines at reduced rates. These “hidden gems” are bottles that wine connoisseur and Top Ten Wines owner Paul Vernon would’ve picked out for himself. With decades of experience in the wine industry, Paul is sure to pick winners. Call him at the shop today to reserve your case! You’ll receive a total of 12 bottles at over $300 value for just $225. For a full description of each bottle included, scroll to the bottom of this document.
Curbside Pickup Meals & Wine Pairings
Bring date night to the comfort of your home while supporting local businesses. Top Ten Wines has crafted the perfect entree and wine pairing menu, making for a special dinner for two. Call ahead to place your order and swing by for a contactless curbside pickup. Each entree comes frozen and to be reheated at home, and is offered for $15.
- Patchwork Pork Gumbo slow cooked with andouille sausage and served with garlicky, herbed rice. Pair with Major Wines Valdiguié at $24/bottle. From Paso Robles, CA, this red wine is like a darker, yet fresh Gamay.
- Gnocchi alla Romana with spinach cream sauce. Pair with Donhoff Dry Riesling for $24/bottle. This German white wine was practically made to be paired with cook Kyle Youngblood’s Roman-style gnocchis.
- Beef Bolognese slow-cooked with tomato sauce, local beef from Cook Farms and red wine. Serve with your favorite pasta (we like pappardelle) or layer into a lasagna! Pair with a 2015 Ruffino Modus at $22/bottle, a fantastic, full-bodied red wine with aromas of red and black fruits, followed by hints of spice, sweet tobacco and balsamic.
Perfect White Wines for Spring
In addition to great wine cases and meal deals, Top Ten Wines is highlighting a series of wines to accompany spring weather.
Pictured from left to right, Paul recommends the following bottles:
- Jean-Francois Merieau Touraine Sauvignon L’Arpent des Vaudons from the Loire Valley in France. This complex, well-balanced sauvignon blanc has fresh grassy, white fruit notes and pairs well with seafood or vegetable-based dishes.
- Laberinto Sauvignon Blanc from Rafael Tirado from the Maule Valley in Chile. This sauvignon blanc starts with notes of Guava, passion fruit and lemon and leads to soft undertones of crushed rock.
- Portal da Calçada Vinho Verde from Porto, Portugal. This vibrant, inviting white wine starts with notes of green apple, honeysuckle and citrus, revealing a slight amount of fizz.
- Camino Roca, Altxerri, Spain. This springy white wine is bone dry with fruity notes of grapefruit and melon.
- Jean-Christophe Mandard Chenin Blanc from the Loire Valley in France. This pale yellow wine has a silky texture and notes of linden blossom, white and yellow fruits.
Behind the Scenes: What Top Ten Wines Has in Store
The staff at Top Ten Wines have remained diligent as they plan for the future of their business. Cook Kyle and bartender Khaymen Hoelscher have been working alongside Paul on a massive 18-acre farm in Huntsdale with the end goal of bringing more locally-sourced wines and produce to their menu in downtown Columbia. Currently, they’re working toward turning eight acres of the farm into a bird and pollinator wildflower sanctuary. They’ve planted a variety of trees and plants that will bear elderberries, peaches, nectarines and pears. The working farm wouldn’t be complete without its own vineyard, where they hope to soon create their own wines out of home-grown grapes. None of these endeavors would be possible without the continued support of the community.
Top Ten Wines manager Sarah Medcalf explained that as part of the downtown Columbia community, it’s their responsibility to limit operations for the time being. However, they continue to serve the community with safety in mind and look forward to seeing everyone’s faces again.
“Each day we keep getting up, planning, communicating, cleaning and pushing forward toward the future we want for our shop,” Medcalf said.
Learn More & Order Wine Today!
For regularly updated information about wine deals and fun plans like digital art shows, happy hours and streamed live music, check out the Top Ten Wines Facebook page. To talk wine and place an order, call Paul in the shop at 573-442-2207 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.