From sometime around 1939 a small gas station diner on the side of what was then Highway 40 (today’s Business Loop) held the name Glenn’s Cafe. Originally opened by Glenn Purdy and his wife Tilley, it enjoyed a 40+ year run at that location, starting as little more than a diner but graduating to more substantial cooking, Glenn’s and it’s eponymous sign became a favorite of weary travelers and local families alike.
In 2002 Glenn’s closed it’s doors and many thought they’d seen the last of the Columbia ledgend. In the summer of 2013 Steve made the move to become Food and Beverage director at The Tiger Hotel back in Columbia and brought with him the Glenn’s Cafe name and of course the beloved original sign. Join us today whether it be indoors or out, for a delicious meal with friends. Whether it be brunch, lunch, dinner or custom cocktails our culinary masterminds are here to serve up some of Columbia's finest dishes.